How to Make A Paper Crane Backdrop
By: Jaclyn Holtzman, Editor, AllFreeDIYWeddings
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Photograph by Jose Villa, via Style Me Pretty
Outdoor weddings are, no doubt, spectacular, but it can be difficult to decorate the great outdoors. Take advantage of the vast beauty of the woods by pulling attention that way with a magnificent backdrop. Using the trees as your anchors, string paper cranes across the horizon for a truly awe-inspiring look. With this simple tutorial, you'll learn How to Make A Paper Crane Backdrop that will quickly become your favorite wedding detail. Match the paper cranes to your wedding color scheme for a cohesive look that will take guests' breath away.
- Square paper
- Fishing wire
- Heave washers or small, round weights
- White paint
1. Follow this tutorial to make paper cranes. Each column will have at least 10 cranes. Your total number depends on how many columns you want total. The distance between the trees will decide this. There should be about 6" between each column.
2. Once all of your cranes are folded, string columns with at least 10 cranes. This may be easier with a sewing needle. Make a knot above and below each crane to keep them evenly spaced.
3. Paint your washers white or any other complementary color.
4. Tie the painted washers to the bottom of each column to prevent them from flying in the wind.
5. Tie each column to one piece of fishing wire that is long enough to stretch between two trees.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 11 DIY Wedding Centerpieces That'll Drop Jaws
- The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
- Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas: 27 DIYs + Wedding Ceremony Songs and Outline
- Your Perfect Rustic Wedding: 15 Rustic Wedding Decorations, Attire, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Rustic Wedding Guest Book Idea
- Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Chair Signs
- 27 Stunning DIY Ideas for Your Royal Wedding Theme
- When We Were Young Photo Table Numbers
- Quick & Easy Lace Candle Holders
- Personalized Photo Ring Dish
- DIY Colorable Guest Book
- David Tutera Casual Elegance Honeycomb Lace Votive Holders Review
- Geometric Gold DIY Party Decor
- DIY Tissue Paper Flowers Pomanders