How to Make A Paper Crane Backdrop
By: Jaclyn Holtzman, Editor, AllFreeDIYWeddings
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Photograph by Jose Villa, via Style Me Pretty
Outdoor weddings are, no doubt, spectacular, but it can be difficult to decorate the great outdoors. Take advantage of the vast beauty of the woods by pulling attention that way with a magnificent backdrop. Using the trees as your anchors, string paper cranes across the horizon for a truly awe-inspiring look. With this simple tutorial, you'll learn How to Make A Paper Crane Backdrop that will quickly become your favorite wedding detail. Match the paper cranes to your wedding color scheme for a cohesive look that will take guests' breath away.
- Square paper
- Fishing wire
- Heave washers or small, round weights
- White paint
1. Follow this tutorial to make paper cranes. Each column will have at least 10 cranes. Your total number depends on how many columns you want total. The distance between the trees will decide this. There should be about 6" between each column.
2. Once all of your cranes are folded, string columns with at least 10 cranes. This may be easier with a sewing needle. Make a knot above and below each crane to keep them evenly spaced.
3. Paint your washers white or any other complementary color.
4. Tie the painted washers to the bottom of each column to prevent them from flying in the wind.
5. Tie each column to one piece of fishing wire that is long enough to stretch between two trees.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Paper Birdcage
- How to Make Paper Roses
- How to Make A Paper Crane Backdrop
- Dazzling Butterfly Paper Lanterns
- Watercolor Paper Flower DIY Wreath
- Elegant Wax Paper Backdrop
- Colorful Geometric DIY Wedding Backdrop
- DIY Glittery Cake Toppers
- Floral Wedding Signs for Bride and Groom
- Free Printable Bride and Groom Signs
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Black and Gold DIY Wedding Invitation
- Lovely and Lacy DIY Wedding Card
- Vintage Terracotta Wedding Card
- 24 Summer Wedding Favor Ideas
- Swiss Diamond
- Swiss Diamond 5 Piece Kitchen Tool Set
- 11 Beautiful Wedding Crochet Patterns
- Adorable Custom Vow Notebooks
- Stars and Stripes Mason Jar Glasses
- Creative Bridesmaid Proposal Printables