Quick and Easy Wedding Cakes
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
BONUS! Enter here to win a copy of this book in the Perfect Wedding Book Bundle giveaway. Contest ends 3/22/15
I haven't yet had the pleasure of planning my own wedding, but i have a feeling that the cake tasting day is going to be my favorite! The wedding cake is such an important part of the day, and there are so many different options to choose from when it comes to picking out your cake.
As important as the cake is, it's doesn't make much sense to spend tons of money on something that is just going to get eaten within a few short hours. Whether or not you are a super savvy baker, you too can design your own wedding cake with the help of Quick and Easy Wedding Cakes by Karen Goble.
Inside this 112-page book, you will find 22 different cake designs that even an inexperienced cake decorator can complete. If you're not a big baker and the thought of being in charge of your wedding cake sounds terrifying, let me assure you that this book makes it impossible for you to fail. Before you get into the cake designs themselves, there's a section of the book dedicated to teaching you everything you need to know about making your own wedding cake from scratch. There's a separate chapter for each step of the way including the equipment you need, recipes for the cake itself (such as sponge cake, fruit cake, and chocolate cake), cake preparation, and assembling the cake.
Once you feel you're ready to begin, it's time to pick our your design. There's a nice variety of cakes to choose from including stacked cakes, tiered cakes, and even chocolate cakes. No matter what season your wedding is in, or how big the celebration is, this book has the perfect cake design for your special day. Choose from cakes such as Burgundy Rose Drape, Chocolate Delight, Pretty in Pink, Regal Elegance, and more. Although they are all so pretty, my personal favorites would have to be Glistening Crystals, Lace and Hydrangeas, and White Wedding.
They say that its good luck to save the first layer of your cake and eat it on your one year anniversary. has anyone done that before? leave a comment below and let us know!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Less is more when it comes to elegant events. For a simple centerpiece with a huge effect, create the Exquisitely Romantic Floating… Continue reading: "Exquisitely Romantic Floating Roses Centerpiece"
- Chance to Win The Budget-Savvy Wedding Planner & Organizer!
- Enter for your chance to win the DIY Beautiful Paper Flowers Bouquet Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win the Romantic Lace Knitting Book and Yarn Giveaway!
- Chance to Win the Bride to be Book Wedding Planning Journal!
- Crafty Ideas for the Bride on a Budget
- Origami Butterflies
- Quick and Easy Wedding Cakes
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Chance to Win a Copy of Hand Lettering!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 42 Party Supplies For Your Next Party
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: How To Make Adorable Owl Napkin Rings
- How To Create A Beautiful Tablescape With Owl Table Decor
- Charcuterie Made Easy: Make This Party Cheeseboard In A Flash!
- 42 Things To Do When Planning Your Next Party
- Wedding Or Party Inspiration: How To Make Paper Napkins Special