Sugar Roses for Cakes
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Roses are the flowers of romance, and are therefore perfect for weddings. With 130+ pages of floral design, Sugar Roses for Cakes by Tombi Peck, Alan Dunn, and Tony Warren will have your perfect rose waiting between its pages. The three sections of this book, Traditional Roses, Climber and Rambler Roses, and Modern Roses, hold not only roses, but also different arrangements for you to create for a special day.
My favorite design in this book is not one of the roses, but one of the arrangement pieces. On page 68, Mahonia Berries are explained, and you are given details on how to build them from sugar for a cake. These are gorgeous, and would look beautiful offsetting a red or pink rose. I can imagine the silvery blue berries on a cake during any season, because this book's designs are timeless and seasonless. You can pick any combination and have a winner every time.
At the end of the book, there are two extra sections. The first is for equipment and techniques, and the second is full of templates for the designs outlined in the main chapters. Reading through the equipment and techniques section is helpful in understanding why you need what you need. I can see the information being useful not only for the projects in the book, but also in any baking project you take on later.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Quick and Easy Wedding Cakes
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Origami Butterflies
- Enter for your chance to win the Romantic Lace Knitting Book and Yarn Giveaway!
- Chance to Win The Budget-Savvy Wedding Planner & Organizer!
- Stylish Weddings: 50 Simple Ideas to Make from Top Designers
- Wrapping With Fabric
- Beading for Weddings & Special Occasions
- Win a copy of Spencerian Handwriting!
- Chance to Win a Stress-Relieving Coloring Book and Watercolor Pencil Set!