59 Summer Wedding Ideas
You're a lucky lady if you get to plan a summer wedding! Summer is easily the most poppy, bright, and warm season for weddings, making it just perfect for those of you who love to have a good time and want your guests to have one, too. We have a ton of summer wedding ideas for you to browse, be your wedding outdoor or indoor. From colors to DIY projects to inspiration, you should have all the summer wedding ideas on this list you'll ever need for your ideal, sunny celebration of love.
We recommend first going through the Summer Wedding Colors section and choosing the best color scheme for you and your husband, and then going through our Summer Wedding Inspiration category to get a feel for the kind of summer wedding ideas you're looking for. Then, you can go through our Invitations and Stationery, Flower Crafts, Wedding Attire and Beauty, and Reception Crafts for summer wedding ideas that you can make yourself! With your go-getter attitude and our unique and unexpected summer wedding ideas, we can build your perfect wedding together.
59 Summer Wedding Ideas
Table of Contents
Still trying to get together the basics of your dream wedding? Download our free eBook, The Ultimate Wedding Guide for everything you need to plan your happily ever-after!
When you're looking for summer wedding ideas, you're going to want to look for colors that are bright and poppy. It's sometimes hard to distinguish between which colors work best for summer and which work best for winter, as both sets call for bold, eye-catching colors. A good rule-of-thumb is that the strong colors of winter color schemes are usually subdued by a drabber neutral color, such as beige or grey, whereas summer wedding colors will pair with an exciting, but not too busy, hue, such as green or yellow. Check out these summer wedding ideas based on color scheme for some examples.
- Summer Wedding Colors: Yellow
- Wedding Color Schemes: Pink, Coral, and Orange
- Wedding Color Schemes: Green and Yellow
- Wedding Color Schemes: Aqua, Blue, and Red
- Wedding Color Schemes: Purple and Yellow
- Wedding Color Schemes: Aqua, Yellow, and Hot Pink
- Wedding Color Schemes: Yellow and Orange
- Wedding Color Schemes: Coral and Green
- Wedding Color Schemes: Greens
We know you've probably been building wedding boards on Pinterest and gathering together all of your favorite ideas from celebrity weddings, but you can never have too much inspiration. These photoshoots from bridal showers and wedding receptions show some summer wedding ideas that other brides have utilized, as well as how they managed to blend them into their weddings and make them cohesive. That is the benefit to looking at inspirational pictures; you can see the wedding as a whole rather than just a single portion of it. See if any of these summer wedding ideas speaks to you, and then move onto our projects to decide what to incorporate into your own wedding.
- Summer Daisy Bridal Shower
- Nataly and Aleksey's Pastel Romantic Elegance Wedding
- Marvelous Monochromatic Candy Table Ideas
- Bold and Beautiful Hot Pink Wedding
- Georgia's Favorite Vintage Wedding Decor
- Baby's Breath Spring Floral Arrangements
- The Love Boat Wedding
- Glamorous Downton Abbey Wedding
These summer wedding ideas for invitations and stationery will have you slapping your hand to your forehead. Of course the invitations should reflect the summertime! You don't want to pick out a dull, formal black-and-white invitation when you're planning a colorful, sunny summertime celebration. We have a few summer wedding ideas here for stationery. Because the colors are so bright and cheerful, you sacrifice the formality of the typical wedding stationery, but you increase its versatility; almost any of these invitations could be used as either wedding, bachelorette party, or bridal shower invites.
- Popsicle Bachelorette Party Invitations
- Lovely Ombre Free Wedding Printables
- Enchanted Dragonfly Silhouette Invitations
- Fairytale Forest Save-the-Dates
- Gorgeous Bordered DIY Invitations
- Chevron Free Wedding Printables
- Adorable Patterned Envelopes
- Easiest Bridal Shower Invitations
Spring is not the only season of flowers. In fact, there are many flowers that are just too in-your-face for a delicate and feminine spring wedding. These summer wedding ideas for flowers will give you an idea of different florals you can incorporate into your wedding, from the bouquet to the boutonnieres. You're going to want to choose flowers that fit the color scheme of your wedding first and foremost, and then you can choose some of our other summer wedding ideas that will complement the stunning florals in your wedding.
- Giant Flower Blocked Bouquet
- Dripping Bouquet with a Secret
- Fresh Lisianthus Boutonnieres
- Pop of Yellow DIY Flower Arrangement
- Pink Ombre Rose DIY Bouquet
- Inexpensive Bright and Bold Summer Wedding Flowers
- By the Seashore Wedding Bouquet
- Seriously Sunny DIY Boutonnieres
- Geometric Fresh Flower Wreath
For flowers that won't die on you before your wedding day, check out How to Make Paper Flowers: DIY Wedding Ideas!
You may be thinking, "does it matter whether or not what I wear and how I style my hair is summery?" The short answer is yes, it does matter. The long answer is that you should get married however you feel the most comfortable and beautiful. Unfortunately, especially with outdoor weddings, summer can be a tricky time to get your hair and makeup to stay put. Besides, do you really want your neck to be sweating all over your stunning wedding down-do? We picked a few summer wedding ideas for beauty that will help you avoid some of the trickier aspects of a summer ceremony.
- Gorgeous DIY Bride Flats
- Summer Blossoms DIY Bracelet
- How to Get Fresh Glowing Skin
- Fun and Flirty Textured Bun
- Devastatingly Gorgeous Hand-Painted Wedding Dress
- Braided Beauty Wedding Updo
- Lovely DIY Beach Wedding Makeup
- Gorgeous Child's Kimono
- Red Carpet Wedding Hair Tutorial
- Delicate Lace Leaf Earrings
- Downton Abbey Proper Lady Hat
- Gorgeous Gladiator Sandals
- Ombre Blush DIY Wedding Dress
Everyone loves a good party, and a wedding reception is no exception. These summer wedding ideas are perfect for decorating the party of your dreams. Some reflect the outdoorsiness of your typical summer wedding, and others just reflect the careless hedonism of the season. We highly recommend incorporating both fruits and florals into your wedding reception for a truly summery feel, and mason jars can help make the reception feel like a vacation getaway. Check out these summer wedding ideas to see what we mean!
- Simple Hanging Lanterns
- Shell-Topped Bottles
- Woodland Wonderland Floating Moss Letters
- Summer Windchimes Mason Jar Centerpiece
- Wedded Pear Salad
- Ribbon and Roses Mason Jar Centerpieces
- Sparkling Summer Sangria Recipe
- Joyful Poise Paper Flower Monograms
- Fresh Table Number Ideas
- Sweet and Sassy DIY Wine Glass Holders
- Mason Jar Tumblers
- Sand-Dipped DIY Candles