Wedding Themes: Woodland Wedding
By: Kristina Kittelson, Editor, AllFreeDIYWeddings
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
If you have no idea what you want your wedding theme to be, but you know it has to be as unique and unexpected as you are, try a woodland wedding. With elements of outdoor, rustic, fairytale, and bohemian weddings, it's truly a wedding for the renaissance woman. No other wedding themes give quite the same space for nature-inspired decor and apparel while still appealing to the traditional traits of a wedding. Especially if you're having your wedding in the spring or summer when greenery flourishes and flowers blossom, a woodland wedding is an enviable theme.
The best part about a woodland wedding is its overall incredible simplicity. Outdoor wedding venues are often overwhelmingly cheaper than renting out ballrooms, and they leave space for gorgeous, romantic outdoor lighting and other DIY wedding projects that would just look out-of-place in a ballroom. Many people are attracted to the woodland wedding because of its whimsical, fairytale feel, and they have a point. Your wedding should be a fairytale, and your ceremony and reception should reflect that. Thankfully, we've taken all the thinking out of finding just the right DIY wedding projects. It's only up to you to decide which are worthy of your enchanting story.
Wedding Themes: Woodland Wedding
Table of Contents
This is the moment: when you walk down the aisle and all the heads turn, and you say your vows with the love of your life. The moment is encapsulated in the big "I Dos" and you two are wed. This is the reason for the entire celebration, so you're going to want your woodland wedding to have the best ceremonial elements ever. Not a lot of wedding themes can incorporate so many interesting ideas for the ceremony like the woodland wedding can, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity with these ceremony ideas.
- Breathtaking Bohemian Outdoor Wedding Altar
- DIY Rustic Ring Bearer Box
- DIY Wedding Ceremony Wine Box
- Easiest Kingly Candles
- Enchanting Butterfly Rice Tossers
- Magical DIY Flower Girl Basket
- One-of-a-Kind DIY Moss Ring Pillow
- Rustic Dreams Heart Wreath
- The Perfect Woodland Wedding Guestbook
- Woodland DIY Guest Book
- Woodland Wonderland Floating Moss Letters
Are you planning a springtime wedding? Check out these DIY Wedding Centerpieces for Spring: 26 Easy Centerpieces!
The first thing your guests are going to see remotely related to the wedding (except for maybe the engagement ring!) is the invitation. Well thought-out wedding stationery can really pull your woodland wedding together, and there are just so many opportunities! From the save-the-date to the wedding programs, those closest to you will be keeping the stationery on the fridge or in a basket in the kitchen for a long time, so you need them to be as beautiful as humanly possible. These woodland wedding invitations and stationery are just what you need.
- Enchanted Dragonfly Silhouette Invitations
- Fairytale Cherry Blossom Wedding Invitations
- Fairytale Forest Save the Dates
- Gorgeous Bordered DIY Invitations
- Pocketfold Invitations
- Rustic Save the Date Magnets
- Simple Rustic Elegance DIY Invitations
- Simple Rustic Elegance Programs
Everyone's favorite part of the wedding is the reception. Let's be honest: it's also really fun for the DIY bride! We've got a ton of wedding centerpieces you can make yourself for your woodland wedding, as well as some other table decor ideas to keep your woodland wedding wondrously whimsical. If you're not afraid to get down and dirty to make your woodland wedding the best it can be, these table decor projects are bound to take the reception to the next level. Don't waste money on a wedding planner and designer floral centerpieces when you can do it all yourself!
- DIY Rustic Glitter Globe
- Etched Glass Terrarium Centerpiece
- Lovely Woodland Escort Card Holders
- Paper Pine Cone Crafts
- Rustic Wedding Apple Blossom Branches Runner
- Thrifty Tree Topiary
- Winter Forest Place Cards
- Wondrous Woodland Easy Centerpieces
- Woodland Wonderland Moss Vase
- Wooded Wonderland Centerpieces
For more out-of-the-ordinary do-it-yourself wedding projects, download our free eBook, Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas: 27 DIYs + Wedding Ceremony Song and Outline!
The lighting of a reception can change the entire mood. It's sometimes really difficult to find adequate lighting for an outdoor wedding, but you're not about to let that stop you. Woodland weddings actually look mysterious, romantic, and even slightly supernatural with dim candle lighting, where other wedding themes can look dull and cheap with the same lighting apparatus. We've got a ton of lantern and candle ideas for your woodland wedding, so you have more options than you think you do, and they're actually really easy to make. Even the groom can help out with these.
- Beautiful Birch DIY Candle Holders
- Cascading Mason Jar Lantern
- Jaw-Dropping Blue Twig Chandelier
- Mason Jar Candle Chandeliers
- Romantic Woodland Faux Birch Lanterns
- Summer Cottage Mason Jar Lantern
- Woodland Nymph DIY Candle Holders
You've wowed your guests' eyes, and now it's time to awe their tastebuds. Everyone looks forward to wedding food, especially desserts. Did you know it's possible to make a high-quality wedding cake and cake stand all on your own? Alternatively, you could make a cupcake bar and put your wonderful woodland wedding cake right in the center. The possibilities are endless. Your guests are going to love your food and drink options, but because it follows a wedding theme that's out-of-the-box and intriguing, they'll be even more impressed. Imagine how they'll react when you tell them that you made it all yourself!
- Bountiful Fresh Fruit Cake Decoration
- Enchanted Rustic Wedding Cake
- Enduring Rustic Wedding Cake Stand
- Fall Wedding Caramel Apple Bites
- Fireside S'mores Cupcakes
- Floating Birch DIY Cake Stand
- Midnight Pomegranate Cocktail
- Rustic Love Birds Cake
- Rustic Romance Leafy Cake Topper
- Succulent Strawberry Pomegranate Punch
- Woodland Wedding DIY Cupcake Stand
- Woodland Wonderland Cake Decoration
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Maid of Honor Speeches: Examples and Tips for Success
- Mother of the Bride Speech: How to Write a Wedding Speech for your Daughters Special Day
- Maid of Honor Duties
- 88+ Creative Wedding Ideas: Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas and More
- Wedding Themes: Rustic Wedding
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette: How to Address Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Planning Timeline
- 59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
- Your Perfect Rustic Wedding: 15 Rustic Wedding Decorations, Attire, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Heart Wedding Decorations
- Simple Bridesmaid Invitations
- Elegant Silk Flower Bouquet
- Floral Macrame Chair Decorations
- Tasty Hot Chocolate on a Stick Wedding Favors
- How to Assemble a Wedding Welcome Bag [Infographic]
- Fun and Easy Guest Book Sign
- Adorable Burlap Flower Wreath
- 18 Budget Friendly Wedding Place Setting Ideas
- Glowing Wedding Light Wreath