The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
Wedding Themes: Ancient Worlds
By: Kristina Kittelson, Editor, AllFreeDIYWeddings
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Let's face it: everyone's having a rustic or vintage wedding. The best thing about wedding themes is that nearly anything will work as long as you can find the right decor and attire. For an ancient worlds-themed wedding, nothing is in short supply. Your wedding will call to mind the towering concrete pillars and marble walls of Rome and Greece no matter what setting in which you hold your wedding. Prepare to have just the most awe-inspiring and out-there wedding of your time!
In ancient Rome, Saint Valentine would marry people in secret when the act of marriage was outlawed. It's a romantic (pun intended) concept, and many people love the idea of a suppressed love winning in the end. Besides, let's be honest: ancient hairstyles and attire were just completely breathtaking. With wedding themes like this, your wedding will be both beautiful and meaningful, remembering the hardships for love in the past and celebrating the success of love in the present.
For more awesome wedding planning advice, download our free eBook, The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More!
Wedding Themes: Ancient Worlds
Table of Contents
Many brides will agree that the best part about planning out wedding themes is planning the outfit and accessories for the night around it. With an ancient worlds wedding, it's almost like you get to play dress-up while also making yourself the most gorgeous bride you can be. Everyone needs a little fun on her wedding day. These wearable crafts will give you a new perspective on bridal attire. If you're into antique and gorgeous attire, no other wedding themes will do it for you quite the way an ancient worlds theme will.
- Aphrodite Beaded Headdress
- Floral Crochet Headband Pattern
- Grecian Goddess Gold Leaf Headband
- Unforgettable Gemstone Wedding Headdress
- Embossed Copper Pipe Cuff
- Ancient Coins DIY Bracelet
- Gorgeous Gladiator Sandals
- Boho Feather and Chain Hair Pin
- Traditional Valentine's Day Bay Leaf Crown
- Sensational Glass and Gold Earrings
Brides, we're not even close to finished. We've also got a ton of beauty options for the ancient worlds bride. In the case of an ancient worlds wedding, differentiating it from other wedding themes, less is more. Natural-looking makeup, particularly that which highlights either the eyes or lips (but not both) is ideal, and hair with one main feature, making it simple and beautiful, will fit in well with your ancient attire and decor. Play around with any combination of these hair and makeup ideas. You'll be glad that, of all wedding themes, you picked this one.
- Gorgeous Twisted Wraparound Hairstyle
- Beautiful in Bronze DIY Wedding Makeup
- DIY Luxurious Cascading Boho Hairstyle
- DIY Soft and Pretty Bridal Makeup
- How to Get Fresh Glowing Skin
- Lovely DIY Beach Wedding Makeup
- Simply Gorgeous Wavy Hairstyle
- Braided Beauty Wedding Updo
For another unique and gorgeous wedding theme, take a look at this Wedding Themes: Woodland Wedding page!
Wedding themes revolving around the ancient world are so easy to make decor for because, often times, the decor was very simple. You don't need to go off and blow all your money on marble and gold, though; there are a ton of crafty alternatives that give the same look. Try altering some of this decor to give it a pop of your wedding colors, or keep it clean and simple with whites, grays, golds, and silvers. While deciding between wedding themes, always remember that you have more creative freedom than you think.
- Hanging Candle Chandelier
- Fresh Carved Apple Candle
- Lavish Marble Planters
- Winter Wedding Gold Paper Feathers
- Floating Fairy Feathers
- Moss and Ribbon Cross Wedding Wreath
- Effortless Concrete DIY Candle Holders
- Ridiculously Captivating Gold-Dipped Feathers
Your guests deserve some ancient worlds wedding flair, too. Matching gifts and favors with wedding themes is easily one of the guests' favorite things about attending a wedding. Everyone loves to go home with something that reminds them of the special day their friends or family got married. Make sure to choose wisely the favors you want to give out to all of the people closest to you. No other wedding themes allow for quite a sophisticated and awe-inspiring array of favors, so you're in luck!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Maid of Honor Speeches: Examples and Tips for Success
- Mother of the Bride Speech: How to Write a Wedding Speech for your Daughters Special Day
- Maid of Honor Duties
- 88+ Creative Wedding Ideas: Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas and More
- Wedding Themes: Rustic Wedding
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette: How to Address Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Planning Timeline
- 59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
- Your Perfect Rustic Wedding: 15 Rustic Wedding Decorations, Attire, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Heart Wedding Decorations
- Simple Bridesmaid Invitations
- Elegant Silk Flower Bouquet
- Floral Macrame Chair Decorations
- Tasty Hot Chocolate on a Stick Wedding Favors
- How to Assemble a Wedding Welcome Bag [Infographic]
- Fun and Easy Guest Book Sign
- Adorable Burlap Flower Wreath
- 18 Budget Friendly Wedding Place Setting Ideas
- Glowing Wedding Light Wreath