The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
39 Outdoor Wedding Ideas
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
If you've decided to take the plunge and host an outdoor wedding, you're in for a real blast. Although you're bound to face quite a few restrictions by holding an outdoor wedding, you'll also find yourself with a lot more freedom than the more classic indoor wedding. Whether you're just planning for an outdoor reception or you're doing everything out with good old Mother Nature, we've got a ton of outdoor wedding ideas for you to consider while you're building your own happily ever after.
One of the biggest benefits of holding an outdoor wedding is that you get a lot more space for the price. Often it costs much less to book an outdoor venue than indoor, if nothing at all (many people opt to hold the reception in their own or a family member's backyard)! There are a few things you have to consider about your outdoor wedding before you start the planning. Where will it be held? What is the theme? Will the ceremony be indoors or outdoors? Once you have these questions answered, you can use this list to start putting together your outdoor wedding.
For more amazing wedding ideas, download our free eBook, Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas: 27 DIYs + Wedding Ceremony Songs and Outline!
39 Outdoor Wedding Ideas
Table of Contents
While choosing the lighting for an outdoor wedding, you have to take a few things into account. Firstly, at what time will your wedding be taking place? Lights indoors can stay on all day, but you can't control what time the sun goes down. Secondly, will there be trees, poles, or other structures to drape hanging lights over? Finally, what is the wind like in your area, and will you have to worry about a pesky breeze blowing away your paper lanterns or snuffing your candles? It might seem like too much to consider, but there is nothing more lovely and romantic than outdoor wedding lighting.
- Enchanted Glitter Paper Lanterns
- Stunning Driftwood Candelabra
- Dazzling Butterfly Paper Lanterns
- Simple Hanging Lanterns
- Blossoming Spring Paper Lanterns
- Cute Cafe Lights
- Summer Cottage Mason Jar Lantern
- Festive Vintage Paper Lanterns
- Vintage Wedding Paper Lantern
- Glowing Grapevine Orbs
- Suspended Outdoor Wedding DIY Lighting
If you've chosen to hold your wedding ceremony outdoors, you're really going for unforgettable. Outdoor weddings in which the bride and groom say their vows outside make for the most gorgeous wedding photography, adding a bohemian or rustic hint to any wedding. One might wonder how they get a wedding altar together in an outdoor setting, and what else they can do to make their wedding ceremony unique. There are a few wedding ideas here that you can utilize for an outdoor wedding, such as messy sendoffs and floral altars, and other little details you can't use indoors.
- Breathtaking Bohemian Outdoor Wedding Altar
- Tissue Paper Confetti
- Enchanting Butterfly Rice Tossers
- Inspiring Indigo Wedding Altar
- Whimsical Wedding Altar
- DIY Wedding Ceremony Lemonade Station
- Tossable Triangles Confetti
- Baby's Breath Pail Aisle Wedding Decor
- Slingshot Confetti Wedding Send Off
If you're still in the planning process, download our free eBook, The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More to help you during this exciting journey!
The reception is the part of the wedding that most people choose to hold outdoors. Some allow for the warm outdoor breeze and floral smells of spring to waft in through an open tent setting, but others opt to hold the whole thing out under the stars. Your outdoor wedding has the potential to be a truly breathtaking experience for everyone involved, and these outdoor wedding ideas will help you choose how to decorate the space. We have ideas for nautical, rustic, and even classic weddings that are just perfect for an outdoor setting.
- How to Make a Paper Crane Backdrop
- DIY Wooden Swing
- Extremely Charming Paper Flower Chandelier
- Perfectly Personal Photo Bunting
- Stunning Rustic Log Decor
- Beautifully Vintage Magnolia Chair Garland
- Maritime Buoy Garland
- Delightful DIY Paper Flower Garland
We bet you didn't consider that the bridal details, such as hair, attire, and bouquets, are actually affected by the outdoor wedding setting. It's important to consider the space of your wedding when deciding how to get all dolled up. You're going to want to choose a hairstyle that keeps long hair off of the neck so you don't overheat, and bouquets that reflect the venue so they don't clash with the natural space. We've even got a few floral accessories to help really bring out the naturalistic feel of your outdoor wedding.
- Unexpected Clementine and Avalanche Rose Bouquet
- Loose Braided Updo Wedding Hairstyle
- By the Seashore Wedding Bouquet
- Red Carpet Wedding Hair Tutorial
- Soft Spring Wedding Bouquet
- Glammest of Glam Wedding Updos for Long Hair
- Spring Blooms Crochet Shawl Pattern
- DIY Polka Dot Veil
- Summer Blossoms DIY Bracelet
- Blushing Bride Rose Hair Slide
- DIY Flower Crown
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Wedding Themes: Nautical Wedding
- How to Write a Mother of the Bride Speech
- Maid of Honor Duties
- Maid of Honor Speeches
- Wedding Planning Timeline
- The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
- 33+ Stunning DIY Ideas for Your Royal Wedding Theme
- 23 Mother Son Wedding Songs
- Wedding Themes: Book Lover's Wedding
- 34+ Halloween Wedding Ideas