Summer Wedding Themes: Tropically Exotic
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Whether you're throwing a destination wedding on the beach or you just wish you were, use the DIY wedding ideas below to make your theme come to life. Vibrant colors, exotic flowers, and sunny surprises will keep the guests on their toes. Present friends and family with personalized sunglasses right from the start to let them know that they are in for a good time. Continue incorporating the theme through details big and small, like the cake, centerpieces, and even your nails. Ideal for summer weddings, this bright and beautiful theme will make your celebration stand out amongst the rest.
We have brilliant ideas for you, from DIY party favors to ways to make your own bouquet just the way you want it. With bright colors abound, smiles are guaranteed to stick around the entire celebration. There's no such thing as too vibrant with this fun theme, so go bold. The DIY wedding projects below are all unexpected and whimsical, ensuring a wedding that everyone will love. When you're willing to step outside the box, wonderful things can happen, as proven by the incredible concepts below.
Summer Wedding Themes: Tropically Exotic
Table of Contents
For more gorgeous DIY party decorations like the ones you see below, download our free eBook, 11 DIY Wedding Centerpieces That'll Drop Jaws!
Deck the venue with bright and exotic DIY party decorations that are sure to overjoy the guests. From funky vases to gorgeous paper flowers, your space will become a tropical island before your eyes. These exotic wedding ideas are best used in the wedding reception, but we bet they'll go over well strewn about the ceremony, as well, if you'd like to throw a little bit of island-getaway in with your vows. Try pinning some flowers to the ends of the seats next to the aisle, or hanging a backdrop beneath the happy couple and the officiant.
- Crazy Confetti Vases
- Stunning DIY Starburst Mirror
- Simple and Chic Painted Vases
- Paper Dip-Dyed Pom Poms
- How to Make a Paper Flower Backdrop
- Oh My! Ombre DIY Vases
- Gold Polka Dot Vase
- Ombre DIY Photo Booth Background
- How to Make Tissue Paper Pom Poms
Help them find their seats in the most creative ways with these fun DIY wedding escort card ideas. Bright and beautiful, guests are sure to take these place cards home for safe keeping and put them in a scrapbook. We love the bright and exciting colors of these DIY escort cards, which practically scream "tropical." Even if you're not planning on holding a tropical wedding, any one of these escort card ideas will work splendidly in a summer wedding, or a wedding with a bright and vibrant color scheme.
- Crazy Cupid Love Escort Card Display
- Colorful Fringed Tassel Escort Cards
- Peppy Confetti Place Holders
- Struck by Love Place Cards
- Enchanting Eucalyptus Escort Cards
Say goodbye in an equally awesome way with vibrant DIY party favors. Don't drop the ball on your final impression. You have options, from edible favors to trinkets, and your guests are guaranteed to love whichever you choose. The wedding favors are a fantastic way to tie together your theme, and if you choose a wedding favor that totally contradicts your theme, all you will do is confuse your guests. Be sure to choose carefully, because the favors are some guests' favorite part of the wedding!
- Aqua and Pink Personalized Favor Boxes
- Perfect Match Party Favors
- Sweet Love DIY Party Favors
- Nautical Neon Rope Coasters
- Beach Bag DIY Party Favors
- Glitter Monogram Mason Jar Mugs
- Dip Dyed Canvas Totes
- Relaxing Grapefruit Homemade Bath Bombs
- Flavorful Miniature Limoncello Recipe
Falling in love with the color yellow for your tropically exotic wedding? Take a look at our page, Summer Wedding Colors: Yellow for a ton of bright and cheery yellow DIY wedding ideas!
Make your celebration smell heavenly and look divine with floral arrangements that stun. Make your own bouquet and flower crafts to ensure that the blooms are exactly how you envision them. Wedding flowers are often the glue that keeps the wedding color scheme relevant to the wedding theme, so for a tropically exotic wedding, you're going to want to focus on yellows, greens, oranges, and reds. Of course, with the right arrangements, you can often make any color work for any theme. You just have to have a basic understanding of flower arrangements. Check out these projects for some ideas.
- Sweet Stacked Floral Centerpiece
- Monochromatic DIY Bouquet
- Inexpesive Bright and Bold Summer Wedding Flowers
- Coral and Ivory Peony Summer Wedding Flowers
- Exotically Vibrant DIY Bouquet
- Sensational Summer Wedding Flowers Bouquet
- Super Sweet Pineapple Floral Arrangement
- Overwhelmingly Beautiful Tulip and Hyacinth Bouquet
- Tangerine Tiger Lily Paper Flowers
- Fresh Flower Napkin Rings
Keep guests full and hydrated with delicious food and drinks that look good too. These summer drink recipes, wedding cake designs, and dessert recipes will keep costs low but satisfaction high. We don't know about you, but one of the things we look forward to the most when being invited to a wedding is the yummy food and refreshing beverages. You just don't get that kind of royal treatment every day! Imageine a food and drink theme of citrusy juices, spicy seasoning, and refreshing veggies - doesn't it make your mouth water at just the thought?
- Sparkling Summer Sangria Recipe
- DIY Wedding Mimosa Bar
- Butterfly Dreams Cake
- Adorable Conversation Hearts Cheesecake
- You and Me DIY Cake Topper
- DIY Wedding Ceremony Lemonade Station
- Sippable Seabreeze Drink
- A Blemish Free Simple Wedding Cake
- Under the Sea Shell Cupcake Topper
- Floating Flower Ice Cubes
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade Cocktail
- Wedded Pear Salad
- Succulent Strawberry Pomegranate Punch
- Unexpected Fruit Dessert Wedding Cake
Forget spending hundreds on your invitations when you can print out equally amazing stationery for free. These vibrantly colored free wedding printables fit right in with this killer theme. Brides are loving printables right now, and we totally understand why. With every other part of a wedding to worry about, from the grand ceremony to the tiny details, the last thing you want to do is fuss over complicated, easily forgettable details of your wedding. These printables will help your tropically exotic wedding planning get just a little bit easier.
- Free Printable Quirky Bicycle Thumbrint Guestbook
- Retro Wedding Invitation Printable
- I Mustache You Groomsman Invitation
- Sleek and Chic Free Printable Save the Date
- Choose a Seat, Not a Side Printable Sign
- Let's Party Bachelorette Party Invitations
- Unexpected Ombre Printable Table Numbers
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette: How to Address Wedding Invitations
- 28 Unique Wedding Ideas for Any Budget
- 59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
- 88+ Creative Wedding Ideas: Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas and More
- Wedding Themes: Nautical Wedding
- 20+ Christmas Wedding Ideas
- The Complete Guide to a Frosted Fantasy: 116+ Winter Wedding Ideas
- Maid of Honor Speeches: Examples and Tips for Success
- Mother of the Bride Speech: How to Write a Wedding Speech for your Daughters Special Day
- Maid of Honor Duties
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy DIY Chuppah
- Easy Milk Bottle Wedding Favors
- DIY Freezer Jam Wedding Favors
- Rustic Succulent Wedding Favors
- DIY Mason Jar Table Numbers
- Glass Etched Mason Jar Lanterns
- Chic Mason Jar Wedding Favors
- The Wedding Book
- DIY Glitter Vase
- Gartner Studios Gold Foil Mr. and Mrs. Ring Holder Set