The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
By: Jaclyn Holtzman, Editor, AllFreeDIYWeddings.com
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
Though a breezy, fresh spring wedding is nice, a bright, sunny summer celebration is fun, and crisp, homey autumn nuptials are sweet, a cozy winter wonderland wedding takes the cake. Most brides fight for the spring wedding slots, but there is something to be said for a classy winter wedding. Winter wedding colors are deep, royal, and gorgeous, and you can feature those rich hues throughout your decor, ensemble, and stationery.
Though many avoid a winter wedding because of the cold, you can capitalize on the low temperatures by wearing gorgeous handmade scarves, snoods, wraps, and shawls. These only add to your look, making for stunning photographs in the sparkling snow. Learn what to wear to a winter wedding and share the news with your friends and family. Guests will be more than happy to help you celebrate when you boast a cozy ceremony, dazzling decorations, and hot chocolate and s'mores to go.
Simply click through these brilliant tutorials to see how to create a winter wonderland. In the process, you'll learn how to make your own clothes and accessories, which you can gift to your bridal party or keep to drape on your shoulders. All you have to do is pick one of the winter wedding color palettes, and go from there. We've addressed every aspect of a winter wedding, so the hard work has been done for you. This way, you can enjoy planning your DIY wedding rather than fretting over little details.The decorations, invitations, accessories, and favors are taken care of, which means you have more time to find a venue, arrange your seating chart, and plan your honeymoon. Stress-free wedding planning? Now, that sounds like a wonderland.
59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
Table of Contents
Winter may feel drab and boring, but there are plenty of stunning wedding color ideas for winter. Choose deep, rich hues that will bring some color to a snowy landscape, and your guests will marvel at the warmth and cheer they bring to your DIY wedding. These winter wedding colors should serve as the jumping off point for the celebration of your dreams.
Not loving these color palettes? Never fear because there are plenty more where these came from. Here are 35+ Wedding Color Schemes and How to Pull them Off!
Bundle up in style with these DIY wedding accessories. Learn how to make a scarf that will keep you warm and complement your stunning white dress. You can also make these cuddle-worthy coats for your bridesmaids so that they will all look uniform and adorable in your outdoor photos.
- Burgundy Faux Fur Caplet
- Fab Fur and Ribbon Scarf
- Glamorous Winter Wedding Snood - pictured
- Cozy Formal Ear Muffs
- Mad Men Faux Fur Wrap
- Winter Woodland Goddess Shawl
- "Taken" Winter Wedding Gloves
- Winter Wedding Capelet
- He Put a Ring on It DIY Gloves
Welcome, seat, and thank your guests with stationery perfect for a winter wonderland wedding. These gorgeous do it yourself ideas incorporate the rich winter wedding colors brides love to use. Create your wonderland without spending a fortune when you have a DIY wedding.
- Elegant White Lace Invitations
- Luxurious Velvet Program Books - pictured
- Winter Forest Place Cards
- Festive Winter Wedding Ceremony Program Template
- Elegant Lace Wedding Invitations
- Baroque Wedding Invitation Template
You CAN have gorgeous flowers in winter, if you know where to look and get a little creative. These winter wedding flower ideas are totally gorgeous and unexpected. With flowers this stunning at your DIY winter wedding, you'll have everyone wondering why they thought winter weddings aren't as lovely as summer weddings.
- Winter Whimsy DIY Flower Crown
- Frozen Winter Wedding Monograms
- Eskimo Kiss Burgundy DIY Bouquet
- Sparkling Crystal Wedding Bouquet
- Metallic Winter Wonderland Wedding Bouquet
- Rich Plum Paper Dahlias
- Beautiful Poinsettia Paper Flowers
- Rustic White Wedding Bouquet
- Romantic Red Rose Bouquet
- More Than Words Paper Flower Tutorial
- Midas Touch Rose Bouquet - pictured
Wow your friends and family by sending them into a winter wonderland with "cool" DIY wedding centerpieces. These easy DIY wedding table decorations will have your guests wishing they had winter weddings too.
- Rustic Winter Wonderland Wedding Centerpieces
- Wooded Wonderland Centerpieces
- Faux Bark Winter Wedding Centerpieces
- Unexpected Paper Mum DIY Wreath Centerpiece
- Paper Pine Cone Crafts
- Breathtaking Marsala DIY Centerpiece - pictured
- Gold Ombre Winter Wedding Trees
- Holly Jolly Winter Elegance Centerpiece
- Rich Marsala Winter Wedding Centerpiece
Centerpieces may just be the best part of wedding decorations, so you can never have enough choices. Here are 11 DIY Wedding Centerpieces That'll Drop Jaws.
Fully transform you venue into a frosty fantasy with stunning DIY party decorations like these. These extras will pull the entire wedding theme together, truly bringing a winter wonderland indoors.
- Painted and Frosted Glass Jars
- Rustic Wonder Wreath
- Decorative Sequin Balls
- Breathtaking Frosted Pinecone Decor
- Winter Wonderland Wedding Ornaments
- DIY Marquee Letters
- Botanical Winter Wedding Ornaments
- Bleached Pine Cones
- Elegant Winter Wedding Candles - pictured
- Fire and Ice Lanterns
- Sparkling Winter Wedding Mason Jar Lanterns
- 5 Minute Eye-Popping Homemade Christmas Ornaments
- How to Make a Christmas Wreath
- Recycled Spoon Name Markers
- Something Old Pearl Winter Wedding Ornaments
- Winter Wedding Gold Paper Feathers
- Feathered Winter Wedding DIY Garland
- How to Make Fake Snow
Your winter wedding won't be a party without festive food and drink to complete the celebrations. Warm, rich, hearty foods will keep the chills at bay and keep your guests warm and toasty. So don't miss these food and drink ideas for your winter wedding.
- Little Trees Wedding Cake Designs
- Individual Marshmallow Roaster
- Winter Wonderland Wedding Cake Designs
- Rich Red Vodka Cranberry Cocktail - pictured
- 'Tis the Season Appetizer Toothpicks
Give one last frosty farewell with these homemade gift ideas that allow guests to bring home the winter wonderland theme. And if you're attending a winter wedding, there's a brilliant quilt that you can give as a gift to the new couple.
- Crocheted Wedding Ring Quilt
- Hot Cocoa S'mores Kit
- Single Serving Cocoa Favor
- Cozy Hand Warmer Party Favors
- Pretty Pinecone Homemade Fire Starters - pictured
- Scented Mirrored Glass Wedding Favors
- Mini Hot Cocoa DIY Party Favors
What are your favorite winter wedding ideas? Share your thoughts below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Maid of Honor Speeches: Examples and Tips for Success
- Mother of the Bride Speech: How to Write a Wedding Speech for your Daughters Special Day
- Maid of Honor Duties
- 88+ Creative Wedding Ideas: Unique Wedding Ceremony Ideas and More
- Wedding Themes: Rustic Wedding
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette: How to Address Wedding Invitations
- Wedding Planning Timeline
- 59+ DIY Wedding Ideas for a Winter Wedding: Colors and Projects
- Your Perfect Rustic Wedding: 15 Rustic Wedding Decorations, Attire, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Heart Wedding Decorations
- Simple Bridesmaid Invitations
- Elegant Silk Flower Bouquet
- Floral Macrame Chair Decorations
- Tasty Hot Chocolate on a Stick Wedding Favors
- How to Assemble a Wedding Welcome Bag [Infographic]
- Fun and Easy Guest Book Sign
- Adorable Burlap Flower Wreath
- 18 Budget Friendly Wedding Place Setting Ideas
- Glowing Wedding Light Wreath