35 Antique Wedding Ideas for a Timeless Event
These vintage wedding ideas will make your big day even more unique and special!
We are adding the idea to your Wedding Ideas.
The idea was added to your Wedding Ideas.
If you're looking for a way to add a unique detail to your wedding day, then look to the past for inspiration! With these 35 Antique Wedding Ideas for a Timeless Event, you'll discover beautiful accessories, gorgeous invitations, and plenty of decorations that have been inspired by a past era. Whether you opt for decorations that wouldn't be out of place in the Victorian era, on the set of "Downton Abbey," or even in the Roaring 1920s, you're one step away from making it a reality when you take a look at this collection of antique wedding ideas!
Browse this collection of DIY wedding crafts to find which age of the past fits you and your fiance best. Guests will feel as though they have been transported when they walk into your venue adorned with the projects below. From your veil to your husband-to-be's boutonniere, every detail of your wedding will be addressed with this complete key to the past. Nothing is more glamorous than lace, pearls, and ruffles, and decades long ago offered bountiful amounts of all three. These wedding crafts can be part a wedding theme idea, or they can be used as subtle nods to your favorite historic period. Drape not only yourself but your cake stand in antique stones, add delicate details to both your ensemble and your tables, give even your place cards a magical touch to ensure that your wedding theme is fully integrated into every aspect of your celebration.
Table of Contents
Victorian Wedding Ideas for a Regal Look
Feel like royalty on the biggest day of your life by throwing a Victorian wedding. The chic clothing, gorgeous designs, and delicate details will give your wedding a dreamy and romantic feel that you will love. From beautiful accessories to understated invitations, these crafts are inspired by the Victorian era in a big way. These designs are anything but stodgy and uninspired; rather, they are evocative of a historic moment and will look simply stunning when included in your wedding plans. We've even included a few steampunk wedding ideas if you'd like to include a creative throwback look. These memorable wedding ideas are certainly for the history books!
- Antique Literary Ring Bearer
- Traditional Lace Veil
- Antique Brooch Bouquet
- Easy Elegant Vintage Earrings
- Antique Tea Crates
- Antique DIY Cake Stand
- Tea Cup Candles
- Wild Rose Shawl
- Seagull Damask Printable Invitation Suite
- Regal DIY Wax Seal
- Steampunk Wedding Boutonniere and Cuff Links
- Steampunk Pocketwatch Lipgloss Bridal Shower Favors
Good manners are certainly timeless. If you'd like to put your best foot forward on your big day, then our free eBook is one you'll want to see: The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
'Downton Abbey' Wedding Ideas Everyone Will Love
If you can't get to Highclere Castle for your wedding, then bring a bit of the castle to your wedding with these ideas inspired by the beloved TV show "Downton Abbey." Whether you're looking for decor that is a bit regal or want to include wedding decorations that are understated and beautiful, this selection of wedding crafts will be exactly what you need. In addition, we've found a few themed wearable crafts that you and your bridesmaids are sure to love. Your guests are sure to love seeing these beautiful and majestic details incorporated in your big day!
- Lovely Eyelet DIY Candle Holders
- Antique Cameo Jewelry Box
- Antiqued Sheet Music Bunting
- Faux Antique Milk Glass Vessels
- Vintage Save the Date Hankies
- Delicate Lace Napkin Rings
- Lace Applique Earrings
- Dainty Lace Vases
- Bridal Bouquet Tutorial
- Monogram Wedding Invitation Printable
- Elegant Ring Bearer's Pillow
- Crochet Embellishments for Earrings
- Tea-Riffic Wedding Favors
- High Tea Crochet Shawl
Vintage Wedding Ideas from the Roaring 1920s
Who doesn't wish they were alive during the Roaring 1920s? Shorter skirts, more fringe, and jazzier music made for a truly dazzling decade. Since you can't travel back in time, consider incorporating style evocative of the era in your wedding plans! From your first dance song to your invitation envelopes, let your celebration ooze exhilaration and make your guests feel as though they are in a party that is right out of "The Great Gatsby." The excitement of the time will, no doubt, come across in your wedding details. You'll love these vintage wedding ideas, many of which Art Deco-inspired designs.
If you want to add even more lace to your wedding day, then take a look at this collection of 50 Lovely Lace Wedding Ideas
Which antique wedding style speaks to you?
Let us know in the comments below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 35 Antique Wedding Ideas for a Timeless Event
- 23+ Gorgeous Budget Wedding Ideas
- Maid of Honor Duties
- Mother of the Bride Speech: How to Write a Wedding Speech for your Daughters Special Day
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette: How to Address Wedding Invitations
- Maid of Honor Speeches: Examples and Tips for Success
- 33+ Stunning DIY Ideas for Your Royal Wedding Theme
- Wedding Themes: Rustic Wedding
- Wedding Themes: Book Lover's Wedding
- The Ultimate Wedding Guide: Wedding Planning Timeline, Wedding Etiquette and Advice, Maid of Honor Duties, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Floral Letters
- Printable Wedding Planning Stickers
- Perfect Printable Place Cards
- Unique DIY Gift Tag Printables
- Printable "She Said Yaas" Banner
- Decadent and Delicious Raspberry Mousse Cake
- Wedding Day Countdown Sign
- Cuisinart Stand Mixer
- 23+ Gorgeous Budget Wedding Ideas
- 25+ Unique DIY Wedding Centerpieces